Wednesday, January 15, 2014


A tiny excerpt of my writing.....
 
It was around 10 A.M. when I climbed the stairs in the old French Quarter building. I ascended past the brightly colored signed Jazz Fest posters, some black and white photographs, also signed, feeling like I was running a little late for our weekly office meeting, but when I looked into the meeting room, no one was there. I walked across the hall to another room where my colleague, Michael, sat at his desk. “I thought I was late,” I said, plopping myself down into the soft chair next to him. “Hi honey,” he said slowly in his warm southern accent. “The meeting doesn’t start until 10, you know,” he said a little condescendingly. I glanced around for a clock. “Isn’t it 10?” “Well nobody’s here, are they?” he said, then quickly added, “Well…Ann’s here,” motioning toward a young blonde woman sitting across the room who I hadn’t even noticed. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment